FedEx and Amazon Text Scam Making The Rounds
Have you gotten a text message from FedEx or Amazon recently, but didn’t order anything? Whatever you do, don’t click on the link.
Police across the US are warning online shoppers not to fall for a new kind of texting scam. We’re used to getting spam calls, but the text messages that many are receiving look like something an online site would send for confirmation.
If you do receive a text message from an unknown source saying it’s FedEx or Amazon along with a link, delete the message and block the number.
The link will take you to a “survey” and will have you fill out the information, on a site that looks a lot like Amazon, which in turn could end up costing you up to $98 a month, according to HowToGeek.com.
Again if you get a text with a link from someone you don’t know, your best bet is to not click the link and block the number.
Listen to the Wakin’ Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash