Hudson Valley Man Accused of Stealing 5 Tractors
A Hudson Valley man allegedly stole five tractors valued at nearly $40,000.
On Tuesday, the Orange County Sheriff’s office announced the arrest of 55-year-old Nelson Colon of the Town of Wallkill on charges of grand larceny, a felony.
During a one-month period, between June and July 2019, Colon allegedly took five tractors from Hudson River Tractor, located in the Town of Goshen.
At the time of the thefts, Nelson was employed by Hudson River Tractor as a delivery driver, police say. The five tractors together are valued at nearly $40,000, according to police.
Investigators recovered the alleged stolen property after tracking the machines to the City of Middletown, the Hamlet of New Hampton, and with the assistance of the Mahwah Police Department, in New Jersey.
Colon was remanded to the Orange County Jail with no bail.
- Cheap Flights From The Hudson Valley to Europe Are Being Grounded
- Movie Starring De Niro, Pacino Filmed All Over The Hudson Valley
- Cop Found Dead in Lower Hudson Valley Home
- Police: Expect Massive Traffic Delays Due to Woodstock Festival
- Eatery With ‘#1 Cheesesteak in The World’ Closes in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Run Over By Car While Trying to Cross Highway
- Hudson Valley Judge Resigns After Divorce Conflict of Interest
- Which Hudson Valley County Has The Most STDs?
- ‘State-Of-The-Art Supermarket’ Being Built in Hudson Valley
- The Hudson Valley School Districts With The Best Teachers
- Have You Seen This Hudson Valley Man?